Re: 1600 engine/trans r&r

To: "Greg Hare" <ghare@bellsouth.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1600 engine/trans r&r
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:46:57 -0800
Once you get the nut off of the bottom of the gear lever, and scrape your
knuckles, the lever pulls out through the top. Spray with wd40 or equivalent
and PULL. The rubber grommets are stiff after 30 years and the lever is just
being difficult. You can also turn the lever with a 9/16" wrench on the
flattened part. Should make for tighter linkage during reassembly. I've seen
all kinds of make shift rubber grommets in the housing.
Mike KOken
Colo. Springs