Re: Crawdaddy's Engine Removal Checklist <Long>

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Crawdaddy's Engine Removal Checklist <Long>
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:02:59 -0600
Victor Laury wrote

>18.  Unbolt the ground strap from the starter.  Undo the battery cable from
>the starter solenoid, and the ignition wire (spade).

Hmm, my car didn't have a ground strap on the starter when I did this
operation.  Don't want to be short a ground strap, where on the starter
do you connect your wire to ground?

Also, in my case, separating the manifold collector from the exhaust pipe
was one of the most maddening bits of the process, so in my case I'd ad a
couple **.  THe parts were fused together and needed to be persuaded with
a cold chisel.

-Marc T.