my sick tranny (4-speed)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: my sick tranny (4-speed)
From: "Greg Hare" <ghare@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:29:37 -0500
Ok, my buddy George the mechanic, couldn't stand to see me just shove the
old transmission out of my shed into the car, so he said "Hey, I'm
rebuilding a Volvo tranny this afternoon, bring yours over, and you can use
my tools and watch me and I'll make sure you do yours rightwe'll take it
apart & order parts." COOL!

So I carefully disassemble it, and, in my manual, which is similar to
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/31.gif , I sure didn't see part # 76,
and I don't really see where it would go even if I had it. It looks like
that space should be filled by the rod?....what's the deal? I got another
trans to get it out of- if it's really there...