OT- Easter 2002

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT- Easter 2002
From: "Pamela Bauman" <ntrlclr@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:32:00 -0800
About 1900 and some years ago, a man came on the scene causing governments,
religious leaders,
people of power, the downtrodden and oppressed to take notice. His ideas
were radical to say
the least. He said all people were equal, no matter sex or standing in the
community.
That we should love and respect one another. To treat each other the way we
would want to be treated. Words of Sedition by all accounts, considering he
lost his life because he spoke them.

His speaking opened avenues for new thought. For changes to be implemented.
Long standing traditions to be toppled. For people who had no voice to
speak. Unfortunately, this went
against the status quo. He was brought before a court, charges read, verdict
handed down.

All parties involved cast blame to other groups or persons. Trying to
absolve themselves.
He knew what would happen. Chose that path knowing it had to be done. I
can't imagine
the pain he endured. Watching as he hung there dying. Watching as his
friends ran to hide
in fear. Watching as the women in his life stayed until the end. Amazing
isn't it, how
supposedly weak, brainless, soulless property for the time, showed the most
strength and
courage. They were willing to suffer the wrath of every power structure
around to see
to his burial.

They buried him, secretly, so he would not be defiled. Came back on the
third day to
see if he was still safe. Were they in for a surprise. Tradition holds for
the next
forty days he continued to walk among us. He let his followers know they had
a job to do.
A mission to accomplish. They were issued a sacred charge. Spread my word
and truth.

In my eyes you are all equal. Love one another. Treat all people fairly.
Remember me.

Over the centuries, his simple words have been used to subjugate peoples
because of
sex, looks and economic background. Wars have been started in his name. We
have several
going on as I write this. All in the name of God. Millions have lost their
lives and homelands.
All in his name.  Not exactly what he wanted. All in his name.

So today remember him and his message.

Love and Respect One Another.
Treat Each Other Fairly.
Grant Forgiveness To Those Who Transgressed.
Help Those In True Need.
Protect The Innocent and Weak.
Do This In Memory Of Me.

At this time, I ask forgiveness of anyone I may have injured with
thoughtless words or deeds.

This time of year is about renewal and a reaffirmation of life. Ask
yourself, is my pain
and suffering as great as his? He carried the sins of the world. We all have
burdens.
Are mine as great as his? Lay them down. They are no longer needed. He
carries them.
Willingly, by choice, as he was meant to do.

No matter what belief system we ascribe. No matter how we show our faith.
No matter the name we call out. We all make mistakes. We all bleed. We all
hate.
Most of all, We Love. May this find you safe and sound. All in his name.

Prayers and Blessings
Pamela Bauman
Easter 2002