Re: SR20 engine swap

To: alhorton@charter.net
Subject: Re: SR20 engine swap
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:23:46 -0800 (PST)
Hi Alan,
 I have talked to Mike about this and he does not reccomend it on a roadster.
You need a 3 inch exhaust all the way back which means your have to cut up the
frame and reweld it.  The turbo and plumbing would also require you to cut
up the frame rails inthe engine compartment.  He, who I would consider the
master of this swap (he's done a couple of roadsters, a 510 and a 2002), just
said it wasn't worth it.
        having said that Van has a roadster that he is working on doing this
to but I think the project is a bit stalled.  Try emailing him at
DemonTSI@aol.com.
But be warned he had to hack the heck out of his engine bay.
        Daniel 69 2000
        Oakland CA