Re: OT- Easter 2002 (rather long)

To: <SLBESQ@aol.com>, <s.perschke@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: OT- Easter 2002 (rather long)
From: "Mark Haverly" <mhaverly@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:35:49 -0800
I am usually a "silent observer" on the list, as I am not into my project
enough to give insight or ask new questions.  However, I cannot be silent on
this subject.
Hypocrisy clouds every religion.  It is built into the fabric of mankind.
This time of year people really think hard about God, morality, etc, etc.
For some of us, this time of year is a major celebration.  And for some of
us, we will slip back into our same way of life, even though we would have
others believe that we are saints.  There was a comparison of Muslims, Jews,
and Christians all worshiping the same god.  Although this could be true on
the surface, true theology changes the perspective dramatically.  Muslims
belief in God is far different than the Jews - Ishmael (sp) was rejected,
which brings a harsh view of God, without mercy and grace.  The Jews have a
great beginning, but refused to accept the fulfillment of the prophecy's God
gave them.  Christians believe that Jesus is the fulfillment of prophecy and
is the ONLY Son of God.  Born-again Christians take it beyond religion, by
having more of a relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (the
trinity, One God).  By this acceptance of Jesus into one's life, His grace
covers our hypocrisy - which we ALL have, even those of us who have been
born-again.  Thank God, Jesus His only Son, died and conquered death so that
a hypocrite like me could have life and hope.

The Bible is true.  It can be proved both historically and prophetically.
If you haven't done so, check it out.

Mark Haverly (probably now black-listed)
Sacramento, CA
'69 2000