Re: no spark

To: Datsun Sports <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: no spark
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:27:42 -0500 (CDT)
Mike,

>From your mail I am intuiting that you pulled the distributor out, but not
the lower shaft under the distributor. I also understand that you have a
spark at the plugs, but the engine won't start. I also understand that you
have had the engine backfire when trying to start it.

Did you turn the engine over with the distributor out? If you did the lower
shaft may not be timed correctly now. If you didn't, remove the distributor
again and look carefully at lower shaft. You will see that the slot in it that
the distributor mates with is off center. Make sure that your distributor
shaft has its shaft oriented to allow the bottom of the shaft to align with
the slot in the lower shaft.

Second question: did you remove the wires from the distributor cap? If you
did you may have gotten them back on incorrectly.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner