Re: How do I lift my U20?

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: How do I lift my U20?
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 16:19:40 -0700
Thank you for all of the answers.

After I posted the question I thought about Gordon's pages and looked up the
drawings for the U20 engine and saw that there should have been lifting hooks
on the engine.   Your answers pinpointed their mounting points for me.

I went over to a U-Pull-It wrecking yard nearby and visited Nissan heaven.
There were several cars with enough engine left to have the lifting hooks on
them.  I removed a couple that looked like they would do the job and brought
them home.  They worked great.  Now all I need to find is some bolts to go on
the engine mount and securely screw into the block.  The standard
transmission bolts are just too short.

Thank you

Tom
69 2000