exhaust gaskets and ar leaks

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: exhaust gaskets and ar leaks
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:57:49 +1000 (EST)
I'm having difficulty getting my extractors to fit
properly and not leak.  It was suggested that I
replace my single gasket with a thicker one made of
two gaskets that have coppercoat in between them - so
I have bought extractor gasket material (with a metal
layer) and slowly cut out two new exhaust manifold
gaskets.

Before I fit this monster of a gasket, does anyoe on
the list have any advice on this.  My head is clean as
are the faces on the extractors.  I tried tightening
the nuts as much as I could but to no improvement.

Marko

64 1500 with R16

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
- Get the best out of your PC!