Re: exhaust gaskets and ar leaks

To: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>,
Subject: Re: exhaust gaskets and ar leaks
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:01:39 -0600
Marko:

Many headers (even new) do not have a good, flat,
mounting flange surface.
Best idea is to take your header to a machine shop,
have them check the mounting flange surface
and surface it if necessary to ensure it's flat.

Then the header usually seals up to the motor
with no leaks, IF you have the correct flange thickness
so that it matches the intake manifold thickness
where the common, thick mounting washers are located.
Stock gaskets should work fine.

John Atchison
69 2000