Re: exhaust gaskets and ar leaks

To: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>,
Subject: Re: exhaust gaskets and ar leaks
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 19:08:18 -0700
Marko,

Check the surface of the header (Extractor) flange with a straightedge.  If
it is warped excessively you will get a leak.  Some headers have a weld
bead around the seal side of the tubes and may cause leakage if not even.
In this case it is necessary to have individual holes in the gasket for the
center exhaust ports.

If the head is flat and the header is flat then one normal gasket should
seal.

Stan
========