Re: Electrical Problems, another Va roadster, and a MG story

To: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Electrical Problems, another Va roadster, and a MG story
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:12:23 -0700
It was a pretty good effort.  I have a serious question about the 510.  I
was under the impression that the mechanicals of the 510 didn't change much
over the years it was produced 68-73, and that it always had a smog
pump.  Was there some reason a 73 would be slower than a 68, or was it more
likely either a tune-up, part failure, or something else?

At 12:51 PM 8/5/2002 -0700, dana nojima wrote:
>Gary,
>
>Wow,  4 or 5 condescending statements in one sentence. It may be a record.
>
>Dana
>
>The Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:
>
> > Just when I thought it was safe to come back to the Roadster list...
> >
> > OK - so it was a '73... college was a long time ago, not as long for me
> as it was for Stan
> > (if he went to college) - who is ALWAYS ready to jump on (some
> people's) slip ups - but
> > still a while ago.
> >
> > Gary McCormick
> > San Jose, CA
> >

> > Stan Chernoff wrote:
> >
> >> Hmmm,
> >>
> >> I was told that the last PL510 was a '73 model.
> >>
> >> Stan

> Can you
> >>
> >> imagine what

> >> '74 510 for a few