Under Dash v. Headlights

To: datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Under Dash v. Headlights
From: "milton3" <milton3@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 23:04:58 -0600
They say ladies like big handed dudes.  BeautyQueen is definately an
exception.  After rewarding me with cramps in my fingers, hands and wrists
as well as a close call with a cramping forearm (and I almost never cramp)
I got the guages back in place and connected.  I was getting ready to pull
her out of the garage and went to flip on the lights.  I got nothing but a
nice yellow glow from the front.

She's all back together, but I've got no headlights.  After climbing back
under the dash and reconnecting the switch, I have all other lights.  I
get the little red indicator (thought it was just high beam), but no white
light up front.  And, I'm betting the little red indicator is trying to
tell me something, since it's on regardless of whether the stalk selects
high or low beams.  Since I have no owner's manual, will some kind soul
please translate.

Now to bear my soul.  While I was under there I found the dimmer rheostat
and reconnected it too (used the wire color and proximity method, but it
too functioned until I disconnected it to see if it was the problem.  I'm
wondering whether it was disconnected for a reason.

Kinda frustrating to postpone the test drive further.  I've got the jiminy
cricket tune cued up (yes, I have and listen to a Disney CD <g>) on the CD
changer just waiting for some stoplight entertainer to try sharing tunes.

Milton
'69 2000 with the Night Stealth Option