Re: Solex Question

To: milton3 <milton3@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Solex Question
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 22:04:54 -0700
Ok, I'll bite... Webers, good idea as far as I know.  Parts are much more
available, and from my understanding they are a bit more tuneable.  I have
also heard (but cannot confirm) that they don't flow quite as much air as the
Mikuni's, but I doubt it would be significant on the street.  I have seen one
Webered 2000.  After I got over the idea that it looked different, it was
fine.  The only thing I don't like about the Webers is that the velocity
stacks fit inside the carb instead of bolting to the outside... just seems a
little funny to me.
Greg Burrows
67 2000 with new style Mikuni's