RE: Replacing Lost Titles

To: "'Adam Bradley'" <ambradley@attbi.com>, "'Andy Cost'"
Subject: RE: Replacing Lost Titles
From: "linob" <lino.baggio@idxcorporation.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:27:29 -0400
Seems like a lot of red tape south of the border.
I recently purchase a Roadster in Alberta and brought it home to
Ontario.  The car hadn't been on the road in who knows how long, and the
previous owner didn't have an ownership (title). The DMV did a VIN#
search in Alberta, nothing came up - they gave me a letter basically
saying that 'vehicle bearing VIN#--- has not been registered in the
province of Alberta for the past so many years'. This document became my
new ownership (title), which the Ontario DMV used to issue a new
ownership in my name. It took a phone call, 10 minutes and $20.00 - that
was it.