Re: Switch to kill battery power

To: drivemach1@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Switch to kill battery power
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:27:44 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/02 4:12:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
drivemach1@yahoo.com writes:

> In theory, this is what I would like.  I would like a
> switch on the dash to run to a relay that would be
> between the battery and the coil.  Flipping the switch
> should eliminate the leak and thus save the battery
> from going dead.  I've considered putting one of those
> popular switches at the battery, but am looking for a
> more convenient option.

I'm sorry, but I have to chuckle at this one... a GTI  ?? VW ???? you say....
as IF there were not enough relays to begin with !!!!!    ( realys/ cables,
cable operated relay? relay operated  cables ??   VW's...... <G>  ah never
mind,,, we've all owned a vw at one time or another )

Try this.... disconnect the +  cable from the battery, get out your
handy-dandy VOM and stick one end on the + batt terminal, and then go down
the line with the other probe at the fuses & relays... if something is
"leaking " - shorted, it will try to draw pwr & you should get a reading.
Then you can go through the rest of the circuit from there.

Good luck !

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC