Re: Switch to kill battery power

To: "Mical Davis" <drivemach1@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Switch to kill battery power
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:04:38 -0700
I've got a Diehard Security battery in my '66 roadster. If anything is
draining the battery, it cuts off the juice before you get to the point of
not having enough power to start the engine. Also has a remote on my
keyring, security to shut off power for the engine while leaving a trickle
current for other devices like the radio and lights. These are the main
reasons I got the battery, and it's worked well.

At one time I had a switch on the dash to cut power to the coil, but it
became a nuisance so I disabled it. The remote on the keyring is easier to
deal with.

Fred - So.SF

On August 08, 2002 4:08 PM
"Mical Davis" <drivemach1@yahoo.com>
wrote:

<snip>
> In theory, this is what I would like.  I would like a
> switch on the dash to run to a relay that would be
> between the battery and the coil.  Flipping the switch
> should eliminate the leak and thus save the battery
> from going dead.  I've considered putting one of those
> popular switches at the battery, but am looking for a
> more convenient option.
>
> This is not a Roadster, but the problem could be
> applicable to anyone with an annoying electrical leak.

<snip>