Yet another engine pulling question

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yet another engine pulling question
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:58:00 -0700
We've got almost everything detached, and will be ready to pull the engine in
the morning.  One quandary; where do we attach the engine hoist hooks?  It was
our understanding that there are points on the engine for attachment, but
can't locate anything on the engine.

Also, the engine we're pulling (an R16 3 main) has a temp gauge that goes into
the top outlet that comes out near the thermostat tower, with the hose going
to the heater core right underneath.  The replacement engine (R16 5 main) is
exactly the opposite.  Which configuration is correct?

Thanks again in advance!

Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona
'64 SPL310 1500