Well, crap!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Well, crap!
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:45:54 -0700
Yesterday afternoon I was going to drive the roadster down to Portland to watch
some of our club members race at PIR. Just south of Tacoma on I-5, the traffic
was really bogged down, like 5-25 mph with occasional stops. I was just about
stopped when WHUMP! a Jetta hits me from behind and BAM! bounces me into a Ford
F-150 in front of me. Damn!

The good news on the car is that it missed the front bumpers and the Marchal
lights. The bad news is that it took out the Hella halogen backup lights (which
I haven't seen available for years) and it may have gotten into the rear
crossmember.

Nobody hurt, mostly sheet metal damage, and the car still runs, but I think
that's it for this summer. Fortunately she has insurance. We'll see how good it
is.

The very odd part is that I was ambivalent about going, right up to the last
minute. I was late making hotel reservations, I was rushed packing, everything
just felt wrong. I told Joanne, "I shouldn't say this, but I feel like this trip
is jinxed." Two hours later, I found out I was right.

Pics are at:
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Accident/FrontDamage1.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Accident/FrontDamage2.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Accident/FrontDamage3.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Accident/RearDamage1.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Accident/RearDamage2.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Accident/RearDamage3.jpg

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]