RE: Well, crap!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Well, crap!
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 17:19:19 -0700
Well, I admit I was pretty upset, but I was surprised at the fact that I stayed
(outwardly) calm. Although I did glare at her when I got out of the car. I just
walked to the back of the car, surveyed the damage, walked to the front, did the
same, then went back and threw my hat down in the driver's footwell. I noticed
she didn't get out of the car right away.

The pickup driver did most of the organizing as far as gathering the necessary
information and making copies for all of us while I checked to make sure that I
didn't have a leaking gas tank or anything. At one point I told the young woman
"I've had this car for over 30 years, so you'll understand if I'm a little
upset. Just give me a minute." She knew I was pissed and just kept quiet.

I suspect what happened was that she was probably looking to change lanes to the
right, and we stopped right then. Caught her by surprise. That's why she hit me
at an angle. I've come close enough to doing that myself to understand. You
know, you look back over your shoulder, start to make your move and look back
around just in time to go "Oh Shit!" and have to make a quick steering input to
miss the guy ahead because he had to brake hard all of a sudden.

To add insult to injury, the new accelerator pump nozzles I ordered from Rebello
showed up in the mail today. Guess it'll be a while before I get to experiment
with them.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA