une-up - early 67 1600

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: une-up - early 67 1600
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:59:46 -0700
hi,

im ready to tune up the engine again after replacing the Dizzy (first time I
get to use the slang term for it! hehhe). anyway, the book I have has a
small blurp about adjusting the clearance between the push rods (they ride
on the lobes) and the rockers. but that is all it says. do I move the screw
out until I can get the gauge in there and then tighten until it drags a
little?  or is it set by the gap between he bottom of the rocker and the top
lip of the rod? I hope this makes sense.

thx,

mike