Re: rear differential help needed

To: Leonard Sprague <sprague@ufl.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear differential help needed
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
Weeelllll, have you broken a  rear end yet? If not,
the Roadster rear end should be fine. Mine only
started having problems when I went past 300 RWHP.
Find a limited slip to go in there and you should be
just fine with the N/A V-6.

I went to a Ford 8.8 with 3.08 gears. Theoretical top
speed is now 178 MPH. Not sure I want to go that fast
but......

Don Miller
68 Turbo V-6
Meridian, ID
--- Leonard Sprague <sprague@ufl.edu> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Please help. I've been reading about this all day
> (and not getting any work
> done either) and I'm even more confused than when I
> started.
>
> My roadster has been "upgraded" and now has a VG30
> engine and transmission
> (from an '86 300zx). I'm thinking about the rear
> differential and wanted to
> know if anyone had any recommendations for
> alternatives to the 1600's stock
> differential.
>
> BTW, what IS the stock differential in a '69 1600
> anyway?
>

> I'm trying to find out the following:
>
>       - which differentials I can use?
>       - what size would be optimal?
>       - where to get one?
>
> Someone had mentioned Subaru diffs??
>
> How about an R-200? Will that fit?
>

> Oh, in case it matters, I have:
>       195/50ZR15 Bridgestone Potenza RE730 Gen. 2
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
> everybody!
>       (Thanks for the awesome pages Gordon... and
> others!)
>

> -Lenny
> '69 1600/VG30
> http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/roadster