Re: economics of stroker parts

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>,
Subject: Re: economics of stroker parts
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:40:27 -0400
For a good example of your theory see definition of Chevy Small Block.
Manley valves which cost me 20.50 are about $8 each. Pistons? Except for
forged or HP units are ridiculously cheap and made by respected
manufacturers.

It makes me sick looking through a Summit catalog. Look at the prices of
Mopar or Ford engine parts and they cost more.

BTW, the forklift parts are made for industrial use and are more often than
not, overbuilt for reliability. People use the equipment to make money can't
afford frequent breakdowns.

Mike