Re: Datsun-Healey

To: SLBESQ@aol.com
Subject: Re: Datsun-Healey
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:33:38 -0700
> i love the cold air intake.  i want one!
> 67.5MIZU

Looks a lot like what I have on my car, only nicer (but I am improving it with
each
generation).  I really think that the airbox works great and adds power to the
car,
but I can't easily prove it.  The primary problem that one runs into is fitting
the
box into the available area.  I wanted to be able to run velocity stacks, but
being
able to do that and attach the thing toi the carbs requires some thought, as
well
as how you will seal it.  The master cylinder gets in the way some too.  You
also
have to give up the washer bag or reservoir and move the rad overflow.  Then I
had
to cut some of the metal on the radiator mount to allow room for the hose to go
through.  If you were willing to cut into the inner fender, then it would be a
lot
easier.  Go check out the airbox on the TWM website (TWMinduction.com)... really
cool!  It costs $290.  I am seriously thinking of making one out of fiberglass
instead of the sheet metal I have been using, but I have almost no experience
with
fiberglass (hey, something new to learn!).  Probably another project after the
motor is done, the VG30 turbo '68 is done, and I have some "extra" time!
Greg Burrows