Re: Bay Area Fun Run - Sunol to SJ

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bay Area Fun Run - Sunol to SJ
From: PETER VANDERPAS <giraffehauler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:37:30 -0800 (PST)
--- Roadster Dude <roadstrdude@yahoo.com> wrote:
And what day is it ??

Raul, Lou...

This is next Saturday, March 15.  I know you said you
couldn't make it Raul, but lets keep the fun runs
coming.  Lou, I hope you can meke it.  Let us know
more about Ft. Baker on the 22'nd, as I am not
familiar with it.

As mentioned before this is a "run what ya brung"
event as I have been driving a Ford Focus, my self, as
a daily driver for the last year.  So I expect a
couple of Fords, a BMW, perhaps a new 350 Z, a Civic,
perhaps some Miatas.  Who knows.

Meet 10:00 AM in the lower parking lot at the Sunol
Valley Golf Club located just off of Hwy 680 near the
Sunol Grade. Take Andrade Rd Exit from either
direction. Golf Club web site
http://www.sunolvalley.com.

>From here we take Calaveras Rd. toward Milpitas. This
is the same as this drive from Pashnit.com:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/CalaverasRd.htm

On Yahoo Maps:
Start: Calaveras Rd At 680 Sunol, CA 94586
End: Calaveras Rd At Felter Rd Milpitas, CA 95035

Instead of turning right as Pashnit suggests, we turn
left and take Felter Rd toward San Jose. This next
section of map gets you to the summit of some hills
with great city views.

On Yahoo Maps:
Start: Calaveras Rd At Felter Rd Milpitas, CA 95035
End: Felter Rd At Sierra Rd San Jose, CA 95132

>From there we descend into East Side San Jose, and
picnic in Penitencia Creek County Park.

On Yahoo Maps:
Start: Felter Rd At Sierra Rd San Jose, CA 95132
End: Penitencia Creek Rd San Jose, CA 95132

I figure we should get to the park by 11:30 or 12:00
noon. From here, locals could head back home and still
have most of the day left. Folks heading back toward
Modesto, Fresno, or Sacramento could take Mt. Hamilton
Rd. to the summit, then take Del Puerto Canyon Rd to
Hwy. 5 where it branches off to the right from San
Antonio Valley Rd as you drive down from the summit.
This is the same as this drive from Pashnit.com:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/LickObservatory.htm

Let me know if you are interested. This will be a
fantastic drive if the weather is okay.

Peter van der Pas
1968 2000 Giraffehauler