Re: knobs

To: "paul g. reichert" <ocblue@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: knobs
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:10:03 -0800
I have been repainting my knobs as I work on the dash and heater controls.

I went to my local hobby shop and purchased a small bottle of white enamel
paint.  I also purchased the smallest brush available.  Don't forget a little
paint thinner if you don't already have thinner laying around.

Even with a very small brush you will not be able to stay inside the lines on
those knobs where the information is depressed into the surface.  I put a small
amount of paint in the depression and wipe it off immediately.  It seems to be
better to apply the paint in small amounts and use 2 or 3 coats rather than just
flood the face of the knob and wipe the paint off.

The letters heater control knobs are raised.  Here you need to be more careful
because it is easy to fill the closed letters and you don't want to do that.
Several carefully applied thin coats make very nice looking knobs.

Tom
69 2000
Portland