Re: 66 Datsun Break problem

To: Nick Turi <nturi@fiam.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 66 Datsun Break problem
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:35:54 -0800
If they go to the floor but pumping builds up brake pedal pressure, you
have air in the lines.  You need to bleed the brakes.  You can use speed
bleeders, a self-bleeding kit, or the ever-popular "one guy sits in the
car, one loosens the bleeder" method.  All the parts you mention are
available from the vendors, but you probably don't need them if (a) you're
not leaking fluid, and (b) the brakes work OK once you get them pumped up.