Re: 66 Datsun Break problem

To: "Nick Turi" <nturi@fiam.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 66 Datsun Break problem
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:39:40 -0800
>Problem: I have a problem with my 66 Datsun 1600. The brakes go to the
floor and then pump up to stop the car. I think the master cylinder is the
problem. It
may be my imagination but if I put on the brakes the pedal goes very close
to the floor. Then if I pump up the brakes it gives me more pedal.

Nick, If your not losing fluid, your Master Cylinder is bad. What's
happening is the fluid is bleeding past the piston and flowing back to the
reservoir.

I know where you can get one. I go to a place, I know as Los Guys. They
always have just what I need for my roadster and they know exactly just what
part to sell me. If  you go there, you'll like the countermen. Their names
are Dann, Les, Mike, Stan, Ross, Dean and a few others. Tell'um I sent ya!

Victor
65 L-320 Pickup
New Photo Site http://public.fotki.com/DatsunVic/
Los Angeles