RE: 225 tires on slotted 14X6 wheels

To: "'Dixon, Clifton, TSG, 134ARW, CP'"
Subject: RE: 225 tires on slotted 14X6 wheels
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:12:00 -0500
In my opinion 225's are too wide to put on 6" wheels.  That said, they
likely won't fit anyway as most of the 6 inch slot mags are 0 offset Z
car fitments.  You'll have issues with clearance at the rear fenders.
I'm guessing that 225's would require 7 inch wide wheels with about
+20mm offset.  That might put you awfully close to rubbing on the inner
rear fender and then there's the issue of A arm clearance up front.
Take a look at the 311s.org site for the Wheel FAQ to get a better idea
how to figure out if you've got a chance at fitting that size tire
without flaring fenders more.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
web.Tampabay.rr.com/oilleak