Re: [datsunroadsters] Fwd: help with posting

To: SLBESQ@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [datsunroadsters] Fwd: help with posting
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:36:32 +0000
What was the original issue?  I didn't receive it from the list.

Also, don't contracts over $500 have to be in writing (excluding promissory
estoppel, detrimental reliance, etc.) according to the Statute of Frauds?
There can be verbal contracts for under $500 assuming that there is an offer
(i.e. I'll sell you something), consideration (i.e. this is how much I want
for the something), acceptance that is communicated to the seller (i.e.
okay, I'll pay you the amount your asking for the something), and that the
offer is not revoked prior to acceptance.  I believe once that occurs, you
have the elements of a contract (the above applies ot both written and
verbal contracts).

Is that correct?  Also, don't mean to create an attorney/clent relationship,
just info.  I may be wrong (I often am!!).  I mean, look at my clutch
bleeding problems!!

Allen
1970 2000
Wenatchee, WA