Re: oil filter question

To: WBoyd1959@aol.com
Subject: Re: oil filter question
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:41:19 -0800
Your not being an idiot.  The filter does drain back unless you put an pipe
inside of the oil filter.  The filter base (on the engine) has a depression that
will accept an aluminum pipe with about a 1/2" ID.  I would measure mine, but it
is inside of the filter.  That pipe keeps things from draining back into the
engine.  Or at least that is the theory.

Tom
69 2000
Portland