Clutch Master or Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Master or Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: Ldino21@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:23:48 EST
How can you tell the difference between your Clutch Master and your Slave
cylinder going out, I installed a new Centerforce Clutch on my roadster about
6 months ago when I set it up, I head to thread the nuts on the slave
cylinder all the way to the end to get the cltch to shift otherwise it was
too tight. About a month ago the clutch started to feel like it was getting
really hard to shift again and I got under there and loosened the nuts a
little more until I can barely believe there are any therads left holding the
nuts on, all of a sudden this weekend it started getting tight again (ginding
into reverse and really hard to get into first.

Is this problem my slave, or could it be the MC going out, my liquid in the
MC is kinda soupy and I was planning on redraining the lines, but I wanted to
know what the list thinks is wrong first.

Lou Smaldino
69-2000
66-1600