upper timing chain ???'s

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: upper timing chain ???'s
From: "Pat Mahoney" <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:25:41 -0800
Hi Listers,  It appears the my U20 could benefit by replacing the jackshaft
gear and upper chain.  Can I do this without removing the camshaft gear?  My
"L" bracket is missing, and the cam gear looks to be in near new condition,
the guide and upper tensioner look near new also.  There is considerable
play in the timing chain, to the point that one of the bolt heads holding
the upper guide is nearly worn down to nothing.  Any advice regarding my
diagnosis would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks in Advance    Pat Mahoney
'69 2000