New birth

To: Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New birth
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:59:11 -0800
Well, since everyone is firing off their new engines, I thought I would
announce the same.  '67 2000 #588 was brought back to life (again) after
a year of mothballs on Saturday night.  This time she gets an even more
radical engine, the biggest change being an increase in compression to
11.7 to 1 via Arias forged pistons and a different cam, added to all the
other stuff done over the years.  She fired off with the Mikuni's, as
the SK's are still awaiting the machining of the inner venturies.  This
engine has a different feel and sound to it, and I can hardly wait to
break it in.  It is always a somewhat scary thing to start a new engine
(God, did I torque that last rod bolt...? I DID get the chains on right,
right?), but she fired the fastest and easiest ever (I will take that as
a good sign).  Let the fun begin!!!
Greg Burrows