Re: strange timing change discovery on my '68 2000

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: strange timing change discovery on my '68 2000
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:25:54 -0800
huh... guess I should have read further into my email list.  However, it still
seems strange to me... the cam is in a fixed location (i.e. held in place by the
cam towers), so it is not pulling the chain tight.  Seems like at any time you
could pull the chain all the way to the "evil" L, it would be problematic...
what
stops that from happening while the engine is running... oh wait, maybe I
answered my own question... hydraulic pressure on the tensioner from the oil...
which would not be there when the engine is not running.  Still, seems weird to
me...  but I learn something new every day... Smoke Yunick as a resource
though... hummm.  If he became a Yunick, he can't be that bright (or lucky
perhaps?)
Greg Burrows