Project Update- SRL311-00489

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Project Update- SRL311-00489
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:55:49 -0800
Hey All,

It's been a while since I have updated those people interested in the
restoration of SRL311-00489. For those not interested, please exercise your
delete key.

To use a racing analogy, the project is entering the home stretch. At this
time my U20 engine is being rebuilt. The crank is in the block and the rods
and pistons should be going in today. After that, the cylinder head goes on
and timing components will be installed. Pics soon.

I am hoping that the body will get its color shoot in about three weeks or
so. Once the transmission gets rebuilt and mated to the engine the driveline
can be installed onto the rolling frame. I am hoping that the body will be
dropping onto the frame right around the Solvang meet. As soon as that
happens I will certainly post pics.

The month of May is looking like it will be the month when the interior is
installed and also mounting of trim and other components. Ross is hopeful
that June will see the car on road trials for testing and adjustments.

If all goes well the car will be at Shasta. If not it should certainly be
ready soon after. Needless to say I am more than a little bit excited about
finally being able to drive him after almost 3 years!

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489
1964 1500