Re: Parting Out '67 1600

To: Kevin Koskela <kkoskela@mlode.com>,
Subject: Re: Parting Out '67 1600
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:30:02 -0800
Kevin,

As rare as these cars are, almost anything that can come off is good.  That
includes
the front suspension, which will get harder and harder to get as those on the
road
wear out.  The body shell, minus the front fenders, hood, doors, and trunk lid,
is
one welded assembly.  If you want parts from that you will have to section them
with
a cutter of some sort.  If you do that I would keep the rear side quarter panels
intact (assuming they are not full of bondo like mine) I would also try to keep
the
floorboard and the trunk floor pieces intact.  Again only if they are rust free.

Another option is to let us know where you are and their may be a list member
in your
area who can use what you don't want.  Please don't send usable parts to the
scrapper
if you can help it.

Tom
69 2000