Re: Time to think about tunes

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Time to think about tunes
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 19:47:20 -0800
Andrew,

As much as this sounds like a sin, I would ask Ross to mount your speakers to
the
body behind the seats so the interior panels don't carry the weight of the
speakers.  The body panel then needs to be either fabric or have a speaker cover
attached with a hole behind to let the sound out.  I am inventing new interior
panels for my car because the PO mounted heavy speakers to the interior panel
itself.  There is not much left of the original panels now.

Another option you have is to put a speaker box on the rear shelf.  Not one I
would be likely to choose.  I don't know how mounting the speakers down in the
outside foot well walls would go.  There is a nice flat panel there, and I
believe space behind it for the speakers, but I don't know what it would sound
like.

I know what you mean about installers.  I had an alarm technician tell me sure,
we can hide the control box under the dash and put the speaker under the
hood....
Right.  Kiss my car goodby.  I will install the alarm below the speaker and
inside of the right interior wall behind the door, and behind the interior
panel.  Then I will install a waterproof horn under the car, over the rear axil.
Let them try to cut those wires in a hurry.  The alarm system I found on eBay at
a nice price will page me to tell me should someone fiddle with my little toy so
I can kill the fuel pump and ignition/starter while I am headed back to the car.
I hope that pager lets me sleep better at Shasta when it has to sit overnight on
a motel parking lot instead of in its nice warm garage.

Tom
69 2000
Portland