Time to think about tunes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Time to think about tunes
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:25:37 -0800
Hey All,

I was out doing some errands today and just happen to drive by a Good Guys
electronics store and stopped in. Hey, I like to look at cool toys as much
as the next guy.

I was actually more interested in getting a new video camera so I can upload
videos to my laptop, but I also stopped by the car audio section to check it
out. Man have things changed since the last time I looked! They have
CD/AM/FM tuners that have video displays and more buttons and switches than
the cockpick of a 747.

After the list "bullied" me into driving my car home from Ross's it occured
to me that I will need some tunes to pass the 1500 miles away. I am not
interested in a cd changer in the trunk. I just want a front load CD player
in the cockpit. The 15 year old looking kid at Good Guys tried to tell me
that his installer "knows all about installing CD players into vintage
cars". Right.

I am curious about what others have done and how you set it up. Where to put
the speakers? Amp? How did you fab the wiring? Curious minds want to know.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC

P.S. I hit the big 4-0 in September.