Re: Remember your first time?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Remember your first time?
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 20:06:25 EST
Fall of 1967, I was in College and entered my first sports car event. It was
an all day TSA rally, autocross, and a gimmick rally. At the time I had my 65
turbo Corvair Corsa and was lost on the TSD rally, about that time saw a
yellow Roadster ahead of me so tried to keep up with him. I was flat out and he
was
keeping a hill or so ahead. At the autocross I did get to talk to the driver
(local Datsun dealer) and he said it was the first 2000 he had gotten.
 Have wanted one even since, I have worked on friends race cars and restored
one for a buddy in the 70's. I did finally get one for myself this fall 68
1600 and as the wife says it is a keeper.
rich
 8 "snow here in Salem Or. first time in 10 years.