Re: Header Gaskets

To: <ambradley@frontiernet.net>, <Robert.Long@acs-inc.com>
Subject: Re: Header Gaskets
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:20:08 -0500
Well what's the downside of using the stock gasket w/no seperation?

Performance issue?

I've been using the stock gaskets for more years than I care to remember
w/no problems.

I also don't see the problem of using a metal reinforced gasket w/a header
unless the manifold flanges aren't made/machined well and I've seen that
many times. The original good ol asbestos 1600 gaskets used metal and I
never had a problem. Cough, cough!!

Mike