Re: Header Gaskets

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Header Gaskets
From: "ambradley@frontiernet.net" <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:49:14 +0000
Not a performance issue.  There is one solid piece to the stock 1600
manifold that surrounds both inner exhaust ports so there is no use for
the center material.  If you have a stock gasket with a header, there
will be a pocket between the cylinders that has no material and no
exhaust either.  Depending on the header flange you could have an
exhaust leak there.