Re: Ferrari Breadvan

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Ferrari Breadvan
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:27:34 -0500
2 years ago while flagging for a VSCCA at Lime Rock I had the pleasure of
being the passenger in a GTO for 3 laps of the Lime Rock track. One of the
ways the volunteers were thanked by the racers was by being given rides in
the race cars at the end of each of the 2 days they raced.

That V12 made a Glorious Sound while flogging around the track. Although we
didn't go as fast as they did when they were racing, the female driver (I
forgot her name) did bring the car to redline several times so I could
listen to the Ferrari motor at full song.

Her husband bought the car in 67 for $6K and occassionaly race it at VSCCA
events and the vintage festival at Lime Rock. It's probably the last
unrestored 250 GTO in the world. It's not a shiny overly restored example.
Original dull faded paint with a well worn interior.

I also got a ride that day in a AH 100S which is just as rare and a TR3.

That was a fun day.

Mike