Re: Ferrari Breadvan

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ferrari Breadvan
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:35:14 -0600
>> You are a font of information,  as always.  Since the commodore is no longer
>> with us, I guess it's OK to fuss.  I didn't know that the car was like that
>> from the factory.  Yes, Dr. Kamm came up with some interesting aerodynamic
>> theories (that are still being used today).  It may have been much "cleaner"
>> aerodynamically, but it wasn't near as pretty as the other ones (like the SWB
>> GTO).
>>
> And to bring the Datsun connection into this discussion, I present the
> following regarding Pete Brock's Cobra Daytona Coupe he designed in 1963.

Dennis beat me to bringing up the Daytona Coupe. For me it's pretty much a
tossup between the 250 GTO and the Daytona, maybe with a slight edge to the
Daytona. I've always wanted one but with only what, six, built chances are
pretty slim. ;>)

Seriously, I think Factory Five, or one of the other really reputable Cobra
kit companies, is offering very nice Daytona kits and after all my other
"toy" projects I might just have to put one together.

FWIW,
Ron