Re: 2000 timing chain replacement

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2000 timing chain replacement
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:01:10 -0600
I've done it!  It's a royal pain in the @$$, but very doable.   You can
expect leaks from the head gasket/front timing cover area, but so far that
seems to be the extent of the leakage on my car (other than the rear main
seal).  It wasn't so bad taking the front bolt off, as it was just finger
tight (DAMN PO!!).  Putting it back on was fun to, but nothing that a block
of wood wedged in the crank didn't cure.   I found the the wonderful PO had
also put the oil slinger back in incorrectly, so it was destroyed... you
might have a spare on hand before pulling the car apart, just in case!   And
whatever you do, don't put that useless lower guide back in!

Best of luck!
Eric