Re: puzzled--(What is it?)

To: "Datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: puzzled--(What is it?)
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:33:20 -0800
Tom Prather asks:
<<<         Just a quick question, now that I'm in the process of going thru
the
interior I came across a thing just above the rear bulkhead centered under
the horseshoe shaped trim just ahead of the trunk lid with two welded
nuts.It's
almost 3 inches long and half inch thick. Was this used for anything. I
noticed it as I ripped out all the PO had done. They look to be threaded to
accept
maybe a 10mm or so bolt. Just wondered as I like to keep everything original
as
possible.>>>

It is for attaching the factory hardtop.  The top does not use the trunk lid
mounted chrome clippy things (I know, I know 'stop being so technical, Mark').
It uses two bolts that go through the trim piece just behind the door openings
(you probably have a pair of plastic plugs filling these) and a clamp similar
to the windshield top mounting clamps that goes onto a clip attached to that
bracket.  Pictures from the manual on request (off list) to any interested
parties.  Drop me a line.

Mark Miller
69 RHD Fairlady 2000
w. factory hardtop