Upper Tensioner - '68 2000 - solex set up

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Upper Tensioner - '68 2000 - solex set up
From: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:18:40 -0700
I have a rebuilt engine that has been sitting for some time now.  The access
door to the timing chain has been intentionally left open.  I believe the
upper tensioner was not put in during the total engine rebuild because the
gasket was missing.  I have three questions.  1.)  Can the upper tensioner
be put in through this door?  2.)  Is the gasket thickness critical - I
believe I have a spare one for the lower tensioner and it is really thin?
and 3.)  what torque should be used?  Thanks in advance.  Larry.