RE: Upper Timing Chain Tensioner - '68 2000

To: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Upper Timing Chain Tensioner - '68 2000
From: "Rourke, Brian" <brian.rourke@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:47:47 +1100
Larry, the main reason for shimming the upper tensioner is the head
being planed down. With the tension off the tensioner see if the chain
can touch the upper chain guide on the "down side" of the chain
direction. See Gordon Glasgows web page for a good description of what
you are trying to achieve.
If your head has been planed, you are almost certain to need a shim or
two.

Good luck, Brian Rourke.