Turn signal switch wiring question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Turn signal switch wiring question
From: Gary Boone <gaboone70@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:12:38 -0700
Hi roadster fans,
I'm in the process of replacing the broken wiring connector plugs for my
turn signal switch in my '70 2000.  I've oriented 6 of the 8 wires in
the new connector to match the wires' color codes between the switches
wires and the harnesses wires.  But there are 2 wires that don't have
color matching mates from one side to the other and I don't know which
wire connects to which.  The odd wires on the switch side are 1) black
and 2) black with a short red tube.  The odd wires on the harness side
are 1) green and 2) black with red stripe.  Hopefully someone is doing a
winter project under the dash like me and can see their connector and
tell me the answer.  Thanks for any help.
Gary
http://www.wycroc.org