68 vs 69 console and choke cable differences

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 68 vs 69 console and choke cable differences
From: Scott Occhiuto <calabria1922@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:52:20 -0800 (PST)
Hi all!

I just replaced the choke cable on my 68 2000 with
SUs, with a new part ordered from Nissan.  It works
great but I don't have it installed in the console
yet.  I am guessing it is from a 69 as the knob is
different and doesn't seem to mount to the console the
same.  On my 68, the choke cable had a removable
rectangular shaped handle secured with a set screw.
The new one has a round one with raised bumps on it
and can't find an obvious way of removing it.  Is
there some trick to getting it off?

Also, I am talking with a lister that has a 69 console
for sale with a stock radio and all the switches
installed in it, including the choke knob!  Are the
consoles the same for a 68 and a 69?

Thanks everyone!

Scott Occhiuto

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html